1)Backup goalie hot shot Cory Schneider got the start for the Vancouver Canucks while #1 net minder Roberto Luongo sat on the bench. Personally I think Cory getting the start has nothing to do with Lou but Schneider is from just outside Boston, in Marblehead. The Canucks only play in Boston every 2 years and this was what I feel a nod to Cory and a silent thank you for all your hard work, play a game in front of your friends and family.
2) Dale Weise who wasn't even on the team in the Finals showed his loyalty to Vancouver dropping his gloves in the most epic hockey fight of the game with the one and only Nathan Horton.
3) When the brawl broke out in the 1st period, it ended in 48 penalty minutes being handed out, the penalty box was a hotter place to be then the player's benches and Vancouver born Boston Bruin Milan Lucic was out of the game.
4) By the end of the 1st period a total of 62 penalty minutes were handed out.
5) This game had everything including one of the most exciting moments in hockey the "penalty shot". Bruin Daniel Paille was awarded a penalty shot 23 seconds into the 2nd period but he was denied by the Schneid!
6) Hot Shot Rookie and former Canuck but now a Buffalo Sabre Cody Hodgson assisted the 2nd goal for Vancouver and scored the 4th.
7) Cory Schneider stopped 36 of 39 shots and Timmy Thomas stopped 32 of 36.
All in all in was a great game to watch. Full of suspense, stakes and good old classic hockey. Below you can watch all 4 Canucks goals. Plus I have included game highlights. Also when I was searching for game highlights I came across some very funny videos by Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert that are just too funny for me to pass up. Although I can appreciate and respect Boston as a team for some of the things they do, they are an extremely physical team with a bad track record. I had to include these. Doesn't matter which team you cheer of,r these comedians have done a great job of making everything the Boston Bruins do look thuggish! Enjoy X