Last night the Chicago Blackhawks beat the San Jose Sharks for yet another win! The Blackhawks record is now 11-0-3. They have collected 25 points and hot shot Patrick Kane in 2nd in scoring league wide with 21 points only behind Thomas Vanek of the Buffalo Sabres who has 23 points.
Really when I check the stats report it is no surprise anymore when I see Chicago didn't lose in regulation. It is actually fun to watch. I would say "Well they have to lose eventually" but I am not so sure. The season is a mere 48 games and Chicago already has 14 in the bucket. Who knows? They play Los Angeles this Sunday, Vancouver Tuesday and San Jose next Friday. Three strong teams all with something to prove. LA are the current Stanley Cup champs and Vancouver and San Jose have very heated rivalries with the Blackhawks. Only time will tell but it's very exciting to watch!
Vancouver ended up losing the game. A goal by Mason Raymond was waved off, Dallas then took a 1-0 lead. Vancouver came back to take a 2 goal lead but a comeback by Dallas ended with Surrey native Brenden Dillon scoring the game winning goal! It was only Dillon's 3rd NHL goal and I am willing to bet he had family and friends in the crowd at Rogers Arena so that would have been a great moment for him. Game winning goal with loved ones around. Another amazing thing happened last night. Vancouver and Dallas had 3 fights in 3 seconds. I am not sure why the fights happened but I can say Vancouver's 4th line was out of the game for the rest of the 2nd period. I did upload the fight video for you. I know a lot of people have mixed feelings on violence in sports but in hockey fighting's acceptable. I rarely see a fight with no purpose. Every team has a few guys to create a physical presence and drop the gloves. It has always been that way and it probably will continue that way.
It was sad news earlier this week when a run away Matt Cooke skate blade cut the achilles of Senator Erik Karlsson. Karlsson had a personal best last season with 19 goals and 59 assists in 81 games. This year he had scored 6 goals and 4 assists in 14 games and was on pace to have another great season. Karlsson is out for the rest of the season playoffs while he recovers from his injury. This gives Shea Weber or Jason Garrison an opportunity to capture the defenceman points record!
Courtney's Early Morning NHL Breakfast
Eggs (1 or 2 per person)
Tomatoes (choose any colour red, orange or green have fun)
Avocado (1/2 an avocado per person usually does)
Bread (try a grainy rye or delicious sour dough)
This one is super simple
1) Place the eggs in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes for a soft to medium poached egg. Really you can cook the eggs however you like but I love a poached egg.
2) Take you avocado and break it up with a fork in a bowl. I add a little Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce for flavour.
3) Toast the bread. Skip the butter and spread your avocado on the toast.
4) Slice the tomatoes and place them on top of the toast.
5) Place some spinach next to the toast and pop your eggs on top.
6) Sprinkle the eggs with some salt and pepper or some hot sauce and you are ready to go.
7) Feel free to also pop some cantaloupe or watermelon on the plate.
8) Enjoy breakfast with a coffee!